- 15 mins + marinating time
- Serves 4 adults
- 600g lamb backstraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g jap pumpkin, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 x 100g packets Leafy Patch Baby Spinach
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
Balsamic Lamb, Pumpkin, Pine Nut and Baby Spinach Salad
- Combine lamb with 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, rosemary and season with pepper. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight if possible.
- Coat pumpkin slices in remaining oil. Cook on a preheated barbecue or grill plate until tender and slightly charred.
- Season lamb with salt and barbecue for 2 minutes on each side or until done to your liking. Rest for 5 – 10 minutes, before slicing on the diagonal into 2cm thick slices.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
- Combine the Leafy Patch Baby Spinach with half the dressing, pine nuts and warm pumpkin slices, arrange on a large serving platter and arrange lamb on top, sprinkle with feta and drizzle with remaining dressing before serving warm.
This salad also works well when served with Leafy Patch Rocket Leaves.
For a Middle Eastern twist, sprinkle pumpkin with cumin before grilling and toss through some couscous before serving.
nutritional information per serve
- Energy 2412 kj
- Protein 37.2 g
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates 9.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Dietary Fibre 3.2 g
- Sodium 1053.2 mg
- Calcium 105.2 mg
- Iron 6.4 mg