- 30 mins + marinating time
- Serves 4 - 6
- 3 large squid tubes, cleaned
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- Finely grated zest 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 x 100g packet Leafy Patch Rocket Leaves
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1/4 cup finely grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
Grilled Squid with Thai Rocket Salad
- Slice open squid tubes and lay flat. Gently use the tip of a knife to score the outside of the squid tubes in a criss-cross pattern. Cut squid into 5cm squares.
- Roughly chop 1/3 cup coriander and reserve the rest. Combine chopped coriander with squid with ginger, garlic, chilli, lime zest and oil. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight if possible.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Gently combine the Leafy Patch Rocket Leaves with onion, tomato, cucumber, remaining coriander and dressing in a large bowl, arrange on a serving platter.
- Heat a large frypan over high heat, add enough oil to lightly coat and cook calamari in batches for 1 minute, or until just cooked through. Arrange warm calamari over the salad and enjoy immediately.
nutritional information per serve
- Energy 1244 kj
- Protein 40.8 g
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates 14.8 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Dietary Fibre 2.4 g
- Sodium 1764 mg
- Calcium 121.2 mg
- Iron 4.4 mg