- 40 mins
- Serves 4 adults
- 100g Leafy Patch Watercress
- 30g butter
- 1 large leek, washed and chopped
- 500g waxy potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, to serve (optional)
Potato, Leek and Watercress Soup
- Heat butter in a large saucepan until bubbling. Add leek and sauté for 5 minutes until softened. Add potatoes and chicken stock, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir watercress into the soup and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted and tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer soup to a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and green.
- Pour back into the saucepan and reheat gently. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and grinding of black pepper.
nutritional information per serve
- Energy 722 kj
- Protein 7.3 g
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates 18.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Dietary Fibre 3.8 g
- Sodium 657 mg