- 15 mins
- Serves Makes 2 cups
- 1 x 100g packet Leafy Patch Rocket Leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 100g pine nuts
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 150g coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- 150ml olive oil
- Crusty Bread
- Fresh Ricotta, Antipasto or Sliced Ripe Tomato
Rocket & Basil Pesto
- Wash the Leafy PatchRocket Leaves and basil and place in a food processor.
- Add garlic and Parmesan and blend until finely chopped.
- Add pine nuts and olive oil to the processor, process until a chunky paste is formed.
- Spoon into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving with antipasto, ricotta and fresh bread.
Try serving Rocket Pesto in the following ways:
- Tossed through freshly cooked pasta or gnocchi.
- Serve as a chunky dip when guests come around.
- Toss bocconcini through pesto and serve as starter or with antipasto.
- Spread on sandwiches.
- Add a little extra oil and lemon and use as a salad dressing over freshly cut tomatoes and baby spinach.
nutritional information per serve
- Energy 512.5 kj
- Protein 3.5 g
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Dietary Fibre 0.4 g
- Sodium 103.0 mg
- Calcium 91.5 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg