- 30 mins
- Serves 4 adults
- 100g packet Leafy Patch Baby Cos
- 250g chat potatoes, steamed until tender and halved
- 100g sugar snap peas, trimmed and blanched
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 200g hot smoked trout fillet, flaked into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon, rind finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup picked dill sprigs
Smoked Trout, Potato and Baby Cos Salad
- Scatter Leafy Patch Baby Cos on a large serving platter. Top leaves with the steamed potatoes and sprinkle sugar snap peas, spring onions and hot, flaked trout pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon rind, lemon juice, mustard and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and sprinkle with dill sprigs and a grinding of black pepper before serving.
Hot smoked trout has a cooked appearance and is available in fillet or as a whole fish. Substitute with smoked salmon if unavailable. If sugar snap peas are out of season try using snow peas or green beans.
nutritional information per serve
- Energy 817 kj
- Protein 15.6 g
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Carbohydrates 13.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Dietary Fibre 2.8 g
- Sodium 488 mg