- 35 minutes
- Serves 4 adults
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 large bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 500g orecchiette pasta (or your favourite short pasta)
- 185g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- juice of a lemon
- 50g Leafy Patch Baby Kale
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 150g soft feta cheese
Tuna, Fennel and Kale Orecchiette
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add garlic, thyme and fennel and gently sauté, covered, over medium low heat for 7-10 minutes or until fennel is soft. Discard any thyme stalks.
- Cook orecchiette in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid and then drain.
- Add the tuna, lemon juice, Leafy Patch Baby Kale and orecchiette into the fennel mixture, and gently toss over medium heat for a minute or until kale wilts, adding a little of the pasta water if it looks dry. Lightly toss in the feta and season with salt and lots of pepper. Serve immediately.